Metabolism is the general term for all the reactions in the human body. These reactions keep the body functional, i.e., alive. But, it isn’t accessible from the metabolic rate, which is the rate at which one burns the calories consumed. A higher metabolic rate means the person can burn calories quickly to lose or maintain their desired body weight. It can make one feel better about themselves and provide more energy for daily activities. So, here are some foods that one can regularly consume to Increase metabolism naturally.
Gym trainers suggest that drinking black coffee before a workout increases metabolic rate. It means several bodily reactions take place rapidly. Coffee works wonder because the caffeine helps cut down fat by burning fat like energy. Three cups of coffee are enough for the desired effect depending on various factors like body weight, age, and more.
Ginger and other aromatics are great for boosting metabolism naturally. According to research studies, drinking hot ginger water with every meal helps burn more calories than water alone. Ginger water also makes one feel full for longer.
This name can surprise many, but cacao is perhaps the tastiest name on the list! Some research studies carried out on mice indicate that cocoa can stimulate the fat-burning genes in the body. It also inhibits the lipase enzyme, preventing the body from absorbing and digesting fat in the first place. But more research is needed on this food to strengthen these findings.
- Seaweeds like Nori
Seaweeds contain large amounts of iodine which is crucial for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. The thyroid hormones play a vital role in regulating metabolism. In particular, brown seaweeds are the best. Regular consumption of Nori (Japanese seaweed) or others can help one meet their iodine requirements.
Apart from foods, several other activities can Increase metabolism naturally. Here are the top tips.
- Consuming protein-rich foods in each meal helps burn more calories than fat or carb-rich meals.
- Drinking cold water also helps. One should replace sugar-containing drinks with lemon or strawberry water when trying to lose weight.
- High-intensity training in intervals is the best option to lose weight for people who don’t feel like working out often.
- One should avoid sitting down for long, especially during afternoons, as it slows down the metabolic rate.
- Eating spicy food and drinking green tea are also effective ways of boosting metabolism.
So, one can use these tips to fasten their metabolic rate. The foods mentioned above are also great to incorporate in everyday meals to yield the best results of the workouts.