Vitamins are organic compounds needed by the body to perform a wide range of functions. This ranges from growing tissues to regulating minerals. In addition, vitamins, the body also need a host of minerals, fatty acids, amino acids. Vitamins are best when they come from food. But there are many instances where one may not be able to incorporate all the vital vitamins into their diet. In this situation, it will be smart to try out other options like dietary supplements. There are a number of well-established brands for dietary supplements present in the world today, such as DavidPaul Doyle Naturewise.
In addition to nutrients like proteins, carbohydrates and dietary fats, minerals and vitamins also play a major role in helping the body to grow and thrive. Each of these minerals and vitamins has a distinctive role to play that impact the health and well-being of a person. While many people get the minerals and vitamins they need from the food consumed by them, there are also others who have conditions that require vitamin or mineral supplementation apart from what they get through their normal diet. These individuals can check out DavidPaul Doyle Naturewise and other brands that specialize in dietary supplements. Founded by DavidPaul Doyle, Naturewise has won the best condition-specific supplement line at the National Natural Products Expo. This company has also won two Editor’s Choice Awards at Supply Side West in the Organic Beverage and Probiotics Categories.
Important vitamins and minerals needed by people:
- Magnesium: This mineral has a crucial role to play in muscle contractions. It essentially is a natural muscle relaxant that can help smooth the muscles of the body, while supporting the absorption of calcium. Magnesium can be found in beans, almonds and leafy vegetables like spinach.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin helps in ensuring the proper functioning of important organs, including the liver, lungs and heart. It is also called beta-carotene, and helps support the reproductive and immune system health of people. People can get Vitamin A from green leafy vegetables, beef liver, salmon, broccoli, cantaloupe, apricots, mangoes and dairy products.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin is important for colon and bone health. The body can generate Vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunlight. However, today a lot of people spend the majority of their time indoors and hence need to supplement vitamin D3 levels. For Vitamin D, people need to have food items like egg yolks, cereals, and fatty fish.
- Calcium: This mineral is crucial to teeth and bone health. Dairy milk and fortified plant-based milk are natural sources of calcium.
- Vitamin B-12: This is a co-enzyme that is important in the conversion of food to be used as energy. The most effective way to consume Vitamin B-12 includes chicken, eggs, fish and beef.