The best standing desk singapore today can help offset and prevent us from a sedentary lifestyle. The health benefits they offer those who spend all day in front of our computers can’t be understated. We are not meant to sit around allday while working. Sitting down too long, like more than 8 hours a day, as stated by the American Journal of Public Health, can not only increase the risk of chronic diseases by 10% to 20% and can occur premature death as well.
Unfortunately, most of us spend a large portion of our work life hunkered down at an office desk, which is why a standing desk is an excellent investment. Even students returning to school should consider this a healthier way to do their homework.
Things we should look out for a while buying a desk?
- Height adjustment method: Hand crank, if the workbench’s heightcan be adjusted only once or twice a day, for example, during the shift change. And we can use electric height adjustment if the workbench’s heightneeds to be adjusted several times a day.
- Consider safety: the user should ensure the desk has a sturdy and stable structure to withstand loads typical to our workplace. If we have accessories, e.g., shelves or bin rails & bins, above our work surface, make sure that the structure of the frame withstands loads above the work surface without tipping over.
- Easy usability: No matter the tasks and whether there is only one worker or several other workers using the same workbench, make sure the desk is easy to operate. Height adjustment should be made effortlessly and quickly, and adjusting the accessories to the operator should not require any tools or force.
Benefits of standing desk
- Standing Lowers reduces the Risk of Weight Gain and Obesity
- Using a Standing Desk might Lower theBlood Sugar Levels
- Standing might Lower the Risk of Heart Disease
- Standing Desks Appear to Reduce the Back Pain
- Standing Desks Help Improving themood and energy levels
Having a dedicated working desk is beneficial. It can increase creativity and productivity since we have a space where we can set up the computers and files in one place. Another advantage is that a working table reinforces home and work-life boundaries. This is the area where we can draw the line.