Cyber security refers to all aspects of protecting both an organization and its employees and assets against malicious attacks or cyber threats. Today, cyberattacks become more sophisticated and common, and corporate networks grow more complex. Various cybersecurity solutions are necessary to mitigate complete cyber risk.
Cyber security services 101
Cyber Secuirty Services In The Uk offers different types of cyber security solutions covering several disciplines:
- Network security. Most attacks happen over the network. Network security solutions are designed to identify and block these attacks. The solutions may include data and access controls, such as:
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- IAM (Identity Access Management)
- NAC (Network Access Control)
- NGFW (Next-Generation Firewall)
These are application controls to conduct safe web use policies. There are also advanced and multi-layered network threat prevention technologies, including:
- IPS (Intrusion Prevention System)
- NGAV (Next-Gen Antivirus)
- CDR (Content Disarm and Reconstruction)
Other important preventions for these threats are threat hunting, network analytics, and automated Security Orchestration and Response technologies.
- Cloud security. Organizations are increasingly adopting cloud computing and securing the cloud turns a major priority. The cloud security strategy will include:
- cyber security solutions
All these help to protect the entire cloud deployment of an organization against attack. Many cloud providers offer security solutions, yet these are frequently inadequate to achieve enterprise-grade security in the cloud. Additional third-party solutions are required to protect against targeted attacks and data breaches in cloud environments.
- Endpoint security. A zero-trust security model suggests developing micro-segments around data. One way of doing that with the mobile workforce is to use endpoint security. An endpoint security service helps companies secure end-user devices, such as laptops and desktops with various solutions:
- data and network security controls
- advanced threat prevention (anti-phishing and anti-ransomware)
- technologies providing forensics (endpoint detection and response)
- Mobile security. It is often overlooked, but mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets have access to corporate data, which exposes businesses to threats, such as:
- Malicious apps
- IM (Instant Messaging) attacks
Mobile security keeps a business from these attacks and protects operating systems and devices from jailbreaking and rooting. MDM (Mobile Device Management) solution can also help enterprises to secure only respectful mobile devices to have access to corporate assets.
- IoT security. Using IoT devices delivers productivity benefits and exposes organizations to cyber threats. The threat actors will look out for vulnerable devices negligently connected to the internet for shady uses. IoT security protects devices with:
- classification and discovery of connected devices
- auto-segmentation to control network activities
- using IPS (prevent exploits against weak IoT devices)
- Application security. Web applications are targets for threat actors. Application security prevents bot attacks and can stop any malicious interaction with APIs and applications.
Cyberattacks can be anywhere online. So, to keep your organization safe from these cyber threats, use cyber security solutions.