When it comes to nature, there are some amazing moments that people fail to capture as they are busy with their smartphones and mobile gadgets. However, a few photographers venture out into nature and the wild to capture some captivating images with their lens. They like to share their photographs with everyone so that they get inspired by their work to start capturing these lovely and remarkable moments of nature themselves.
Evan Dombroski is one such individual, and he is a nature photographer from New York with a passion for capturing wonderful moments of nature and animals. He loves to use his talent to encourage people to lead a sustainable, environmentally friendly life. He has skills and expertise in the field of urban, plant, landscape, and wildlife photography. He is a lover of nature and is passionate about sharing his photographs with everyone. He is also a security guard at Jefferson Security in the USA.
He says that photography is a hobby that anyone can pursue. You do not need to invest in sophisticated cameras to start- a simple digital camera or even your smartphone is good enough to start. For starting nature photography as a beginner, he says you should keep in mind the following tips-
- Know your camera well. The digital camera is like a traditional camera, except it has some extra advanced features. When you see a subject, you do not need to fumble around with the settings.
- The common mistake that people make with their digital cameras is the camera shake. This will make the image blurred. So, keep a steady hand when you are about to hit the shutter button for the photograph.
- The zoom feature on most digital cameras is an autofocus one. So, use it at liberty. Use it on your subject to fully fill in the frame.
- Light is essential for a good photograph. However, natural light is the best for you to take nature photographs. You should visit the place where you intend to take pictures and check its climatic conditions. Mid-day is the time when the sun is at its highest peak. Early morning and dusk are some of the best times for you to take nature photographs.
- Practice till you are perfect. You must take as many pictures of the subject as you can. Later go through them and find out the areas where you could improve.
- Change the viewpoint- Do not hesitate to change the viewpoints of the subject. Lie down on the ground to get a great angle to shoot. Likewise, you could try to climb up to a higher level to get an outstanding shot.
As per Evan Dombroski if you are an amateur, take as many nature photographs as possible. Start with your mobile phone, and as you get better, invest in a good digital camera. Create a portfolio of pictures so that you can compare them with one another as you practice to become perfect.